WERC For Job Seekers
Improve Your Skills, Improve Your Job Success
Why Should I Take Part in the WERC Program?
- You will develop the key skills employers are looking for in 2021
- You will get paid while you’re completing the WERC program
- You will discover your potential
- You will set yourself up for job success and long-term, meaningful work
- You will increase the chances of being promoted at your job
Is WERC For YOU? The answer is YES if…
- You live on PEI and are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You need skills training to get a job or keep your current one
- You can commit to 35 hrs/week of in-class learning for two weeks
- You are willing to work with a learning coach
- You agree to take part in six weeks of on-the-job-training
When Is the WERC Program Offered?
The first WERC program will be offered in April 2021. A second intake is expected to take place in the fall of 2021
Where Will the WERC Program be Offered?
We’re not trying to be secretive, but the location of the WERC program will depend on WHO is interested in taking advantage of it.
Where possible, Workplace Learning PEI will work directly with interested employers to identify a location that is convenient/accessible for their workforce participants. Locations could include Charlottetown, Summerside, Tignish, Souris, and/or other communities across PEI.